Sunday, July 11, 2010

4D Ultrasound on baby girl

Last week we had a 4D ultrasound done on the baby girl to see what she looks like. I guess the further along you are the harder it is to get good pictures so they aren't the best. Regardless, it was fun because a big group of people came - my mom, dad, Cathy, Michelle, Alexis, Jayden, Audrey, Matt and of course Kennedy. It was pretty cool to see her and watch her move around. I can't wait to meet this little one! They estimated that she weighs 6 lbs 10 oz already. I don't know, that seems pretty big. She is measuring long legs so I think she is going to be a tall one.

I also had a doctor appointment last week and everything is looking good and healthy. I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and so far I have gained 20 lbs. I'm sure I will gain a couple more before she arrives. The doctor guessed that she weighs over 6 lbs so far. This little girl is head down and ready for delivery.

We were talking to my doctor about how quickly my labor progressed with Kennedy and how what a fiasco it was because by the time I showed up at the hospital, I was well in to labor and the whole scenario was just a blur and a chaotic. You see, I need to take antibiotics for at least 4 hours prior to the baby being born - 8 hours would be better. Last time they tried to get me to wait which I didn't like. So, this time my doctor said I could come in (probably on the 27th) and she would break my water to start my labor and get the antibiotics in my system before I even go in labor. Also, when I fell the need for an epidural, I will already be there. Sounds good to me! I have another doctor appointment on the 23rd and she is going to confirm everything but it looks like I will be induced on the 27th. Yeah!

Below are a few pics to share from the 4d. Pretty cool if you ask me!






2 comments:

Malary said...

That was such a neat experience. Your baby girl was so cute! Lets lok for those dimples! Love ya

Malary

Richard said...

I can't wait to meet her "for real"!