Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Evening in Lahaina

Last night we headed over to Lahaina for an afternoon/evening stroll. It was a beautiful warm evening and we had a great time. We managed to do a little bit of shopping and we found a cool park with this huge tree right in the middle. It has been hard to eat out at restaurants with kiddo we ordered a pizza and brought it back to the room. It was a great evening with a beautiful sunset. Kennedy is much better with just a little runny nose left. I still have my runny nose and today I felt exhausted. I have been taking naps when Kennedy naps and hope that the cold doesn't get may worse. Keep your fingers crossed!





Kennedy has been going in the pool every afternoon but she is finally allowed to go under water now that she has been on antibiotics for almost a week. She is in heaven going in the pool every day. There are usually other kids in the pool so she has made a few friends. We have been going to a local park too where we are starting to see the same local kids so she has been making friends there too.

I mentioned a few posts back that I found a farmer's market grocery store. about a half a mile from our hotel. I am in love with it. The food is so dang good. I ate a vegan chocolate cake that is to die for. I have eaten it two days in a row. They have a small buffet of fresh made meals (both hot and cold) and all of it is really, really good. I wish I had this market close to my house in San Diego! Tonight we bought stuff to make a big salad and then went to a local fish market and bought some shrimp for the salad. At that same fish market I had the best ahi poke I have ever had in my life. Why does everything just taste better in Hawaii? Oh yeah, it's because I am in Hawaii.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Hi Moes! Looks like you are having a GREAT TIME! You're right, the food in Hawaii is pretty tasty. The places in your pix look familiar to me! Glad to hear "K" is improving, but I hope I don't hear about any sick parents!
Have fun and see ya soon (I hope!)
HugUrSelves4Me,
Dad