Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sick Kennedy

Well, these last couple days have been tough ones at the Moe house. On Thursday night Kennedy woke up at 3:00 am throwing up in her crib. Since this is the first time she has thrown up (not as a baby) she was scared and not too sure what was going on. Matt and I got up and changed her bed sheets, her clothes and cleaned up her up. While we were sitting on the floor with her she started throwing up again. Matt and I, trying to sound like the encouraging parents, kept saying, "It's ok, good job". As soon as she was done throwing up, she started clapping for herself. It was too funny.

Once we got her cleaned up we tried to get her back in her bed but she wasn't having it so we made a make-shift bed on the floor of her room and I layed down with her to try and sleep. Well, she just couldn't get comfortable. So, we moved to the couch where we started watching Dora at 4:30 in the morning. Eventually she fell asleep on me on the couch throwing up pretty much every 30 minutes. There was nothing left in her tummy. It was so sad. Finally she started to feel better and stopped throwing up later that morning. So, it was a rough Friday.

We thought the throwing up was over because she was fine all afternoon on Friday and evening wanting to eat crakers. Well, last night she woke up at midnight throwing up again. Poor thing had it in her hair, on her face, everywhere. So, another bed and clothes change and we had her back in shape for bed. Again, I slept on the floor of her room for an hour or so until I transferred her to her crib.

Our problem now is she isn't drinking enough liquids. She normally loves to drink water but not today. I have tried Pedilyte, Popsicles, Dora chicken soup, Gatorade and she just isn't wanting to drink. I talked to a nurse on the phone and she said to keep an eye on her and if she shows signs of dehydration then I need to bring her in. She is sleeping right now and I am hoping when she wakes up that she will be thirsty so I can stop worrying!

Let's hope that tonight is a puke free night. I have been thrown up on enough these last two days!! I just want my baby girl to feel better!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Doesn't it just break your heart when your kids are sick?

Get well soon everyone!

Audrey said...

Don't worry Kennedy i had that one time feel better sonn!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU LOT'S,
Audrey

O Keenedy one of are goat's had a baby COME SEE HIM!!! HE IS SO CUTE!!!