Thursday, January 28, 2010

I love to cook

Have I ever mentioned that I love to cook? I love it and I'm always doing it. I have been a big fan of Cooking Light magazine for a few years now and their recipes are awesome. I have learned a lot by cooking all sorts of new things. I also love to bake.

About a year ago or so I bought the cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld and I have probably tried almost every recipe in there. It's a cookbook that uses pureed veggies and fruit in the food. Some of my favorites are the meatloaf with carrot, banana bread with cauliflower, brownies with spinach and carrot, mac and cheese with butternut squash, etc. Really, these recipes are awesome. This morning I made Kennedy french toast for the first time and it's whole grain bread dipped in egg and the trick is adding a puree in the egg. This morning I added pureed pineapple but you can banana, sweet potato, etc. Add a little maple syrup and yummy!

Well, yesterday I made a double batch of the applesauce muffins with carrot and they are soooooo good. I made a double batch to share with friends because they are so good and healthy. Below is a pic of the muffin..... mmmmm. My other favorite (2nd picture) are the chocolate chip cookies with garbanzo beans. I know, some of you are thinking I'm crazy. Understand I have made these cookies for many many skeptics and all of them love these cookies. Just thought I would share some of my treats with you guys! Plus, it's an excuse to use my new camera. ;-)




And lastly, I was so excited tonight. I made a salad all from my garden! Our garden isn't too big right now but I was able to make a salad with lettuce, arugula, green onions, red bell pepper and tomato all from my backyard! I must admit, that is one of the coolest things I have done in a long time. I can't wait for it to warm up a little more so I can plant a bunch more stuff in the garden!

4 comments:

Richard said...

Very cool, sweety.
LuvUMoreThanHealthyFood,
Dad

Audrey said...

MMMMMM That looks sooooo good! To bad I am not there to eat it for you. love you.


Audrey

Malary said...

Yum yum yum!!! Make way for Chef Paige Moe!! Those pictures makes my mouth water!
Love You,
Mal

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Yum yum . . . I'll be right over!!