Saturday, January 31, 2009

Up Close and Personal at the Zoo

Today Kennedy and I got a backstage tour of the elephant exhibit at the Zoo. It was so cool. One of the foster parents, through Angels, is a Zoo Keeper and he invited Cathy and Larry for a tour. Being the great in-laws that they are they invited me and Kennedy to join them. Matt missed out because he was working today. It was such a cool up close and personal visit with the elephants. Even though there is a big fence between us, you still have to be careful because they can actually hurt you with their trunk. Ron, the Zoo Keeper, was awesome and he answered all our questions. He has worked there for 18 years and knows each of the elephants very well. He should - he trains them every day! Did you know that an elephant is pregnant for 22 months? Crazy! It was a beautiful day for the zoo... it was around 82 degrees! Just another perfect day in San Diego in January!

Here are a couple pictures and videos from today...






And here are a few pictures of Kennedy and the elephants. She did great! They didn't seem to phase her at all. I love the one below with her little hand feeding the elephant - too cool.



Matt and I talked last night and we realized that Kennedy would be happy if she could be in her bath tub all day and eat Gerber puffs. Those are the two favorite things in life right now. But tonight I think I found her new favorite food - avocado. A few days ago I cut up avocado in to chunks for her to eat and feed herself. She loves it! Tonight she ate half an avocado before dinner! Now I truly believe that she would be the happiest baby in the world if she could play in her bath tub all day while eating puffs and avocado. ;-)


No comments: