Thursday, February 5, 2009

Swimming Classes

Today Kennedy started her swimming classes! We found this great place in Poway called Floaties. I've never seen anything like this... it is in a strip mall and the pool is indoors and there is a nice waiting area with windows, a locker room and the pool is so warm it felt like a jacuzzi. I know, some of you are probably thinking I'm crazy for enrolling her in swimming classes so young. Well, I look at it this way... I want her to be comfortable with the water and know how to swim. Grandma Cathy and Papa Larry have a pool and she is going to be around it a lot so I want her to know how to swim as young as she can!

Because Kennedy is so young I get in the pool with her. It was so much fun. Ms. Laurie, her swimming teacher, was so nice and very sweet with Kennedy. Kennedy liked her right away! The first class is an assessment to see how the child reacts to the water and how comfortable they are. Kennedy was so comfortable and nothing seemed to phase/bother her. Ms. Laurie was excited and said that next week Kennedy is ready to go under water, which will be a first for Kennedy. I will let you know how it goes! My mom came down today to hang out with us and it worked perfect because she got to come watch Kennedy's class and take pictures. Leave it up to a grandma, she took over 100 pictures in less then a half an hour.

You know you love your kid when you will put on a 2 piece bathing suit, after having a baby less then a year ago and it's winter. I need to buy a one piece bathing suit tomorrow! Things just aren't where they used to be anymore. ;-)




My poor mom just called me... she was driving home from my house (it just started raining) and she got in a car accident! Thank god she is OK, but she is shook up. She was driving in the car pool lane when traffic started to slow... she heard the car behind her squeal and then she got hit and the car that hit her not only hit her, but hit the car next to them too. She is started to get sore but thank goodness she is OK. I tell you, people can't drive in the rain around here! I'm so glad you're OK mom.... don't scare me like that again!

1 comment:

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

How fun! We start our swim lessons in March - can't wait! The kidos will hopefully be boating and swimming in the lake this summer! LOL!

Glad to here your mom is ok. That's terrible.