Today we took a trip to the doctor because Kennedy has had a little rash on her upper bottom/lower back for about two weeks. It's a small round rash about the size of a penny. I tried putting diaper rash cream on it but it didn't make a difference. It hasn't changed or spread and it didn't seem to both her. I did a little internet research before we went and I thought it would be ring worm. Well, mom always knows because that is what the doctor said it was.
How in the heck did my daughter get ringworm?!?!? I have no idea. We have two dogs but they don't have it so it wasn't from them. The doctor didn't seem to concerned at all and he told me just to pick up some over the counter anti fungal cream. And for those of you who don't know, ring worm really isn't a worm, it's a skin bacteria. I just want to know how in the world she got it!
Anyway, at the doctor office today they weighed her - she is a whopping 16lbs 10oz fully clothed and she is almost 8 months old. At her 6 month appt she was 15lbs 11 oz so she has gained a pound in about 2 months. That's why she is our little peanut. She sill fits in some of her 3-6 months clothes. ;-)
Kennedy is a crawling machine now. She can get pretty much anywhere she wants to go. It's so cute because you can tell she is so proud too be getting somewhere on her own. I also think she is about to sprout her first tooth. She has been teething like crazy over the last few days - chewing on her hand and everything she can get her hands on. I looked in her mouth today and you can see a little tooth about to come through the gums. It hasn't seemed to bother her too much so far. I will let you know when it appears and try to take a pic (yeah right).
That's all for now... hope you all are doing well!
Hugs!
Science Lesson
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment