Friday, June 6, 2008

39 weeks and counting

Well, good news! Matt and I just got back from our doctor appointment today and everything looks great. I am now 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated and Kennedy is very low. The doctor stripped my membranes today so she feels that I could go into labor in the next couple days. Could be tonight, could be a few days. That's the hardest part! The doctor estimated that Kennedy will weight 6 1/2 to 7 pounds. That's a good size.

So, keep your phones handy because this little girl could be here very soon!

It's funny, now that Matt and I know it's just about here, we are both starting to get nervous. I think we are nervous for our first night at home with her. I know neither one of us are going to get any sleep that night. But, I just have to keep reminding myself that millions of people can do it, so can we.

Until next time - have a great weekend!

XO

Paige

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we finally got 'the' phone call from you mom. Congratulations, Mommy and Daddy and welcome to the family, Kennedy! We can't wait to see pictures so don't be too long in emailing some. Even more, I can't wait to get my hands on that little bundle of love!!! See you in a few weeks,and remember, except for feedings and poopie diapers (lol), she's mine while we're there! We love all 3 of you. God bless!

Hugs,
Aunt Judy, Uncle Butch & Marcus

Bridget said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day! And it looks like you had your baby from the first comment. CONGRATS! Hope you feel good and your first night home was not scary!

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Congratulations! Saw the pictures from the birth of your little angel. She is absolutely PERFECT! Enjoy every precious minute with her. We can't wait to meet Kennedy and RJ looks forward to playing with her soon! Call us for any baby pointers you may need.