Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dr. Appt and Birthing Class

Hello, hello! Yesterday was a busy day! I had a doctor appointment in the morning and this time I got to meet an actual doctor. Usually when we go to our appointments, we see the same nurse/midwife and she is awesome. I guess as some point they like you to see an actual doctor. She was very nice and answered all my questions. If everything goes smoothly, the midwife could end up delivering our baby. Matt couldn't go to this appointment with me because we was working so my mother-in-law, Cathy, came with me. I think Cathy is always so surprised how different things are now from when she had her boys. She can't believe she hears the words "comfortable" and "delivery" in the same sentence. I'm just glad I'm having a baby now when the epidural is so popular!

Everything looks great and our little girl is head down and in the right position. Of course they weighed me and since the beginning of the pregnancy I have gained 12 pounds. I really don't see how that is possible! I eat all the time! I guess that means I get to eat more ice cream guilt free! Bring on the Chocolate Malted Crunch! Mmmmmmm! They did an ultrasound yesterday and everything looks good and healthy. ;-)

Matt and I also had birthing class #2 last night. It was OK. It is just so uncomfortable to be in a room with a bunch of strangers and you have to get on the floor and stretch, breathe and learn massage techniques. It's funny because all the other dads get really into it and breath right along with the moms. Matt and I keep looking at each other and just want to bust out laughing! The lady that teaches our class is good but there is no room for humor. I mean, seriously, when you are talking about birth, mucus plugs and odors, you have to have a sense of humor! Matt and I agree that the information is good, if they would just take out the stupid exercises we would enjoy it a lot more. I guess that means we will be back for more next week.

I hope all are doing well and feel free to shoot me an email to say hello!

And Happy birthday to Tasha and Felicia! It was great to see you guys on Sunday night.

XOXO

No comments: