Hello!! Today I am 33 weeks along - only 7 more until we get to meet this little girl! Here is an update on what she is up to this week:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
If your uterine walls had eyes, here's what you'd see: your fetus acting more and more like a baby, with her eyes closing during sleep and opening while awake. And because those uterine walls are becoming thinner, more light penetrates the womb, helping your baby differentiate between day and night (now if only baby can remember that difference on the outside!).
If your uterine walls had eyes, here's what you'd see: your fetus acting more and more like a baby, with her eyes closing during sleep and opening while awake. And because those uterine walls are becoming thinner, more light penetrates the womb, helping your baby differentiate between day and night (now if only baby can remember that difference on the outside!).
Nothing too new here, heartburn, can't sleep, but other then that I'm feeling great! I went back to my Prenatal Yoga last night and really enjoyed it. I had to skip the last couple weeks because of birthdays and other things planned on Wednesday night. I love that yoga class and I always feel better after I go. I did notice that it is getting harder to do some of the poses.
Oh, this little girl likes to get the hiccups about 2-3 times a day. Yup, everyday! She even woke me up about 4:30 am the last couple mornings with the hiccups. Sometimes they last 10 minutes, sometimes they last half an hour. Regardless, it's impossible to sleep while my belly is jumping every few seconds. You can even watch my belly jump with each hiccup. It makes me laugh because I never knew babies can get the hiccups while they are in your belly.
Here are a couple updated photos...
Maverick and Roscoe wanted to tell everyone hello!
Hope you are all doing well and I will write more in a few days! XOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment