Hello friends and family! I hope you are all doing well! It's been a busy week for us with baby classes and more baby classes. Seems like there are so many classes to take!
Monday night was our first of six birthing classes. It was at the local Kaiser and there are about 6 couples in the class with us. It was ok... neither of us learned anything new. It is kinda weird being in a room of strangers doing pelvic tilts and laying on the ground with a pillow and blanket to learn breathing and relaxation. We plan to go back next week but if we still don't learn anything new, we may just end up being birthing class drop outs. We'll see! It's just that a lot of what they talk about seems like such common sense. Ya know?
Last night Matt and I had the hospital tour at Kaiser. It was a good since I have never been to the labor and deliver at the Kaiser hospital. The birthing rooms were nice and big so that was good to see. Going on the tour certainly made everything seem a little more... real. I was actually in the area where I am going to give birth! And the next time I will be there is when I will be giving birth. Just weird to think about. And did you know they put a lojack type device on your baby at the hospital? Yeah! When you baby is born, they put this device on the ankle and they can track where your baby is at all times while you are in the hospital. If someone tried to walk out the labor and delivery area, an alarm will go off! So, I did learn something new at the tour last night.
All in all, things are good and I'm getting bigger every day. I'll post a new picture in the next day or two. I didn't think I would have problems sleeping this early in my pregnancy. I thought the sleeping problem came more toward the end of pregnancy. So, I haven't had a good night's sleep in seems like forever. And, I would do anything just to scarf a whole burger down like I used a couple month ago. It was only 2 or 3 months ago I could eat a Subway foot-long sandwich for lunch no problem (not kidding). Now, I would be happy if I could eat 1/4 of that! There just isn't much room left for my stomach. And I have 8 more weeks to go? UGH!
Matt is doing good, just working a lot to build up his comp time so when the baby comes he can try to take a month off. I haven't seem much of him in the last couple weeks but I know we will be thankful when he is home for a month. He is still the most supportive and loving husband and I am so thankful to be going through this with him. I am so lucky!
Hope you are all doing well and thanks for checking up on the blog! Until next time... ;-)
Science Lesson
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment