Thursday, April 10, 2008

31 Weeks Pregnant

Hello friends and family! Today I am 31 weeks pregnant and each week feels like a triumph. I never thought I would get the the "30s" weeks and now I'm here!

Here is what our little girl is up to this week:

Your Baby can distinguish between light and dark now. She weighs approximately 3.5 pounds, measures just over 16 inches from head to heel, and is getting used to the world of light and dark by opening and closing her eyes. Her facial muscles continue to strengthen, and she can make different expressions. Her lungs are nearly mature; however, these last few weeks are crucial to healthy and complete lung development.

She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She’s probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up.



I get emails each week about her growth so it's always fun to share. She certainly likes to do somersaults because she does keep me up at night already! It's ok, I know it's all preparation for what is coming. I honestly can't believe it's 9 more weeks until she is here.

Here are a couple pictures of me....









1 comment:

Felicia said...

You are looking cuter and cuter every week! ;-)