It has been a long time since I have posted a chicken update! We have had quite a few new additions to the family. I still have my orogonal 6 chickens but got two 5 month old chickens and two more chicks (that makes 5 chicks now).
Below is Aggie. Aggie is 5 months old and my mom's friend gave her to me. She is an Austerlorp and super super sweet. She loves to be held and will fall asleep in your lap! She isn't laying eggs yet but hopefully soon!
Below is Goldie. She is a Buff Orpington and was given to me by my mom's friend also. She is around 5 months old and also super sweet. She got a nasty cut on her head a few weeks back and is still recovering. It was a nsty gash that Matt and I super glued back togther. I gave mer meds and kept her seperate for about 5 days and she is recovering great. I am excited she is going to make it becasue we almost lost her. I keep sying she better lay a golden egg for all the hassle she has put me through!
Below are my original 6 hens. They are doing great!
This is Hello Kitty (named by Kennedy). Tricia gave her to me and she had a bum leg. IT was kinda hard for her to walk and stand. I'm happy to report after about 4 months, she is doing great! Her leg seems to be heald as there is no more limp!
A week or two ago we added a run on to the sid e of our coop. Once Goldie is all healed, I am going to introduce all the chickens and allow them to roam between the coop and the new chicken run. It is so nice - Matt did a great job!
Last but not least, here are the chicks! They are about 5 weeks old and getting big. The silver ones are Lavendar Orpingtons. There is one names Freckles that is super sweet and Kennedy's favorite. The back and white on is a Barred Rock and I hope it isn't a rooster. It just seems a little more agressive and it's comb is wider, more red and larger. That is Rascal. Then the black one is also an Auserlorp and her name is June.

1 comment:
I bet ya it's a Rooster!
Post a Comment