Saturday was a big day for us - we drove up to Fallbrook and picked up the chickens from Tricia. All 6 of them fit in a dog crate in the back of my car. And boy was it stinky. The chickens seems to be very happy in their new home.
Kennedy LOVES her new chickens. She has named them Rainbow, Raindee, Sparkles, Harlow, Darga and Cooper. Yesterday she spent probably an hour and a half straight in the coop with them. She was just talking to them, feeding them collard greens from the garden and petting them. She even learned how to pick them up all by herself. I physically had to remover her from the coop yesterday when it was time to come in and eat dinner. I have no doubt in my mind that if I let her sleep in the coop she would.
She was in the coop and I told her that she was the chicken whisperer. She kids looked at me funny and didn't understand what I was telling her. About 10 minutes later she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'm a chicken maker". I laughed and said, "You mean a chicken whisperer?". She said "no, I'm a chicken maker because I make the chickens happy". Hahahahaha!
Another funny story - the afternoon we brought the chickens home she was in the coop with the chickens and out of nowhere she looks at me a says, "Mommy, I'm a real farmer!" Hahaha. I don't know where she gets this stuff.
Thanks to my sister for keeping these chickens for us until we were ready. You have made two little girls very happy!

No comments:
Post a Comment