Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Latest Garden

I haven't taken pictures of the garden in a while so I figured today was a good day to do it! It is still growing strong and I am about to add a few things to it once my seeds come in the mail. I ordered some kale, lettuce, more broccoli, purple cauliflower, celery (gonna try it), beets, and something else, I can't remember. Here are a few things we have going now...

My Basil...
My green bell peppers...
More habanero peppers...
My cilantro...
Swiss Chard...
Our first broccoli! Can't wait to eat it. We had some almost ready but Roscoe jumped the garden fence and ate a bunch of it. Darn dog!! We had to reinforce the fence and now he can't get in to eat it....
More broccoli...
My very first cauliflower...
Poblano pepper...

I sure love to work in my garden and grow cool stuff. I am going to have to read up about growing tomatoes because we have had probably 8 tomato plants and they don't do well at all. For some reason, the branches are turning brown and falling off. I also find a lot of green tomatoes on the ground around the plant. So, I am going to do some reading over the fall and winter and be ready for spring time tomatoes! I had tried growing pumpkins too but a rat or some dirty creature came and stole my seeds out of the egg carton where I was starting them. Grrrrr. I also don't have much room for pumpkins in the garden. They take up a lot of space! Looks like I am going to have to get official and get those plastic trays to start seeds because those have lids. I have never really had a garden this big all my own so I think I did pretty good for not really knowing what I am doing. Just think what it will look like next spring when I am a little more prepared! I might just need a garden twice as big because I want to plant a lot of stuff.....

No comments: