Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I love Collard Green

I am also growing collard greens. I love collard greens and eat them often. I have tried the cooked a few different ways but this is by far my favorite way.

These are the collards before...
And these are after. YUM!
You toast pine nuts in a dry pan. Place them aside. Throw in a little olive oil and minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Throw in the chopped and rinsed collards, still damp. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes. Throw in the pine nuts and some raisins. Cover and cook for another minute or two. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar then cover a cook another minute. Enjoy! SUPER good!

1 comment:

Richard said...

Gardening is one of those things that helps your "head" and yo get some good groceries, too! I'm proud of you! I've never grown some of the stuff you are growing.
But I did try Pumpkins this year. I don't think they'll be ready for Halloween, though. The vines are HUGE, though!