Monday, February 21, 2011

Kennedy - 2 1/2 update

It's been a while since I sat down and told you about what Kennedy is up to these days. Like I said earlier, it's not often that I get time in front of my laptop to actually type. Most of the blog updates are from my iphone these days and it would take me way too long to type a story on there.

Kennedy is now a little over 2 1/2 and our little loving spirited one. She is such a vibrant kid and still very very active. She is still taking swimming classes once a week and is really quite a good swimmer. Her teacher, Ms. Lori, will get out of the pool and pick up Kennedy and throw her in the pool and Kennedy has to swim to the side of the pool and get out. It's great water safety and Kennedy loves being thrown in the pool. She could do it all day is Ms. Lori would do it. We are probably going to keep Kennedy in swim until this summer and then we will put Shelby is swim class.

A few weeks ago Kennedy started taking dance classes at a little place in La Mesa. It's a performing arts place so it's not a very structured class. It's so cute and Kennedy loves it. She is my little dancer. It's just in her bones. If she hears music, she can't help but dance. She often runs and puts her ballet shoes and tutu on. Every night she is asking for me to play music so we can dance. Her dance class is so cute and I love going to watch her every week.

Kennedy is still a very good big sister and really loves Shelby. Every morning when we go get Shelby, Kennedy always runs in yelling "morning baby girl!". Kennedy loves to make Shelby laugh. She is learning how to share her toys with Shelby... I'm sure that is a lesson we will be working on for a long time.

Kennedy has been fighting us on nap time lately. She doesn't want to sleep, she wants to play. We started calling it "quiet time" and she is supposed to go in her room and play quietly and if she gets tired she will crawl in her bed and sleep. When we go get her from "quiet time" we never know what her room is going to look like. Sometimes she gets in her drawers and has a totally different outfit on then she had when we put her in her room. She is such a little girl and loves to play dress up with her princess dresses.

Kennedy's talking is improving every day too. Seems like she is always picking up new words and I often marvel at the fact that I am having a conversation with my child. She is learning her manners and we are always drilling her to use her "pleases" and "thank yous". I need to write down all the funny things she says because it makes me and Matt laugh all the time.

All in all, Kennedy is a 2 1/2 year old that can push my buttons but I love her so much. she is not only the most beautiful little girl, but she has a very infectious laugh. I love it! Until next time....

1 comment: