So, the other night Matt and I had the worst night ever! It began with Kennedy starting to get sick with a cold. She had a little runny nose and was just acting a little off and cranky. She went to sleep ok and Matt, Shelby and I settled in to go to sleep. Kenndy woke up at 9:30, and again around 11:00 coughing and wanting water. So much for sleeping.
Kennedy woke up again around 1:30 am and Matt went in to her room. When Matt opened our bedroom door I immediately smelled skunk. Now, the area where we live is known for skunks and we often smell the horrid smell. But this time was different. I got out of bed and walked in the kitchen area where the dogs sleep on their beds and about threw up because of the smell. Our dogs got skunked, came in the house and rolled around their beds and the carpet. Quickly Matt and I got on the internet to see what we needed to do to get the smell off the dogs but it called for a bunch of peroxide and we didn't have any. So, on to plan B.
Matt was a trooper. He started mopping the floors where the dog beds were and then, at 2:00 am, he went outside with gloves on an bathed the dogs with dish soap. The poor dogs were miserable being bathed in the cold, but hey, you do what you gotta do. Once the dogs were clean and outside on their beds, Matt came back to bed right about the time Shelby woke up to eat at 3:00 am. While I was feeding her I noticed some sprinklers outside were on and weren't going off. Matt said the sprinklers were on when he was outside bathing the dogs. At around 3:30 am I saw a reflection of standing water through the window where there shouldn't be any water. So, Matt got up and was going through the yard to find out how to turn the sprinklers off because they clearly were broken.
Finally around 4:00 am we were back in bed. Then Kennedy woke up for the day just before 6:00 am. Matt headed off to work and I was home with the girls to try and get through the day. It truly was the worst night ever.
We had a carpet cleaner clean our carpets and it helped with the smell, but it still isn't gone. I guess only time can make the smell go away...
Science Lesson
13 years ago

1 comment:
That is an awful smell for sure! We used to get that stink from time to time on the ranch. It's a hard thing to get rid of. I hope you can do it!
Another of lifes' adventures for you guysm huh?......
Post a Comment