Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shelby's 8 week Doctor Appt

Shelby had her 8 week doctor appointment this week and that meant - shots! Ugh. I hate it when the kids have to get shots. I especially hate their first round of shots because you don't know how they are going to respond. I know it is best to get them vaccinated, I just hate seeing the needles and crying! Shelby did not feel well the first night and had a little fever the next day but Tylenol helped her feel better.

Shelby is growing great! She is now 11 pounds 2 oz and is 23 inches long. She has a touch of colic that I talked to the doctor about. Each day, usually in the evening, she gets really fussy and hard to calm down. Sometimes it lasts an hour or more. It is hard because it usually happensnduring "the melting hour" when I am trying to make dinner and get Kennedy ready for bed. We get through it, I just hate seeing her get so cranky and I can't make it better. Aren't moms supposed to be able to make everything better? The doctor said it should start to get better in the next month or two. I hope! Other then that, she is a healthy growing baby girl!






Kennedy and Shelby are getting better from their colds. I hate runny noses. They just gross me out because you can wipe and wipe and wipe but there is still a string of snot that just keeps coming. It drives me nuts! And there is nothing worse then dried snot and boogs smeared across your kids face... clothes... blankie... you get the picture. Yuck.

And you may notice, I am posting this from my iPhone. I just got a new app that lets me post from my iphone - we will see how good it is! I hope it's good cause then I can post much more often. I don't get on an actual computer very often.

Anyways, gotta go wake Kennedy from her nap. :-)

1 comment:

Richard said...

Glad to hear that everyone is starting to get better.
Sick kids are no fun! It's just like you said, as a parent you want to "make it all better". But Bugs just need to run their course, I guess.
LuvUGuys!