Friday, August 13, 2010

Moe Family Update

Hello, hello! Seems that posts are few and far between lately. I try to get to the computer at night after Kennedy goes to bed but Matt and I are usually so tired we are in bed shortly after Kennedy.

All is going well with us! Of course we are still adjusting to balancing the two kids but it has been pretty good so far. Leaned is still being such a good big sister and just loves Shelby to death. Kennedy is always concerned about where Shelby is and always wants us to hold Shelby. Today she held Shelby on her lap (with my help of course) for almost half an hour while we watched some Dora. It was cute.

Kennedy is now potty training. It's not what Matt and I really wanted to happen but Kennedy was ready so we just took her lead. I bought her some Dora underwear last week and as soon as we took the big girl underwear plunge, I quickly realized that 6 pairs of underwear was not going to be enough. So, I sent Matt and Kennedy to Target for more underwear. They came back with more Dora, Princess, Mickey Mouse and Thomas the Train. The Thomas underwear and little boys underwear! Oh well, I guess it really doesn't matter. So, Kennedy has been wearing her underwear every day except when she sleeps and if we leave the house. She is getting the hang of it! Almost a little too much - yesterday she would go pee and it would be a trickle. She would her her reward of a few mini m&ms. Then a minute later she would have to go pee again and it would be another trickle. More m&ms. Then a minute later she would have to pee again, another trickle. That booger was holding her pee so she would more more candy each time she went pee on the potty. Smart little girl.

Shelby is doing great and continues to be such a great baby. She is mellow and just loves to be held. We had her 2 week doctor check up today and she already weighs 8 lbs 2 oz! She has gained a pound since birth! Good girl! She is getting me up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours lately so I am pretty tired but I am hanging in there.

Matt is still home and will be home for 2 more weeks. It sure is nice to spend this time together. I hope to have some updated pics next time I post an update. ;-)

1 comment:

Richard said...

Full hands now, full heart later