Last week at swim class Kennedy swam the best she has ever swam! It was like all of a sudden it just clicked with her. She was swimming on her own (with Ms. Lorie right there). When she would swim off the swim step she would push off the side of the pool with he legs and really user her arms just like she has been taught! I was so proud of her as this is the first time I have seen her really swim on her own.
Being the active one that she is, her biggest challenge is to sit on the swim step when it isn't her turn. It has been a struggle for us and something we are working on. A few times she wasn't paying attention and fell off the swim step in to the pool or she willingly decided to swim off the swim step all by herself. Last week when she fell/swam off the swim step when she wasn't supposed to she actually did a "safety circle" and swam back to the swim step and crawled back up all by herself! I was so happy, not because she fell/swam off the swim step, but because she swam back to the step by herself. That is swim safety and the reason I have had her in swim classes for so long.
Here is a little video of her swimming last Thursday...
Science Lesson
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment