Hello all!!! I hope you are doing well and enjoying summer! First I would like to start with some great news. When Kennedy was born, she had a small hole in her heart. I guess it is pretty common and often heals itself. Earlier this week we went to the cardiologist for a check on her heart and it seems that the hole has healed itself! YEAH! One less thing to worry about while raising a child. Matt and I are so happy for this news.
Kennedy is doing great and growing so much. She is almost 13 months old! She doesn't seem to be gaining weight much right now but that's OK. At her one year appt she was 20 lbs 12 oz and the dr on Tuesday she was 20 lbs 4 oz. If only I could get her to eat more. She really isn't a big eater.... more like a grazer. But, the other night she ate steamed broccoli and liked it! I just gave her a whole flowerette and she just nibbled on the top. She really liked it. So, I will be giving her more of that while she still likes it because she is bound to change her mind.
She is still a happy kid and it is easy to get a smile or laugh out of her. She has started making this godawful sound lately. She sounds like chubacca from Star Wars. It's like a scream/yell but it comes from the back of her throat. It's really horrible but she seems to like it. I hope this is a phase that passes very quickly.
Seems like the last week Kennedy is understanding a lot more of what we say. She knows the name of almost all her toys and will go get the one you ask for. She is learning her body parts and is starting to understand more baby sign language. All my hard work is paying off!
I would like to give a shout out to my dad whose last day of work is tomorrow. He is retired! Dad, I am so proud of you and I can't believe you had the same job for 38 years. Congrats and I hope you have a great last day. I know it's a little scary to be retiring and I'm sure you are not sure what you are going to do with your time, but you will adjust and get used to it. Welcome to the good times and enjoy retirement!! Come down and hang out with us every day if you want. We LOVE you and are sooooo proud of you. Congrats dad!!!!
Science Lesson
13 years ago

1 comment:
Yay! Great News all around!!! So happy for you all...:)
Post a Comment