Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What a day!

Wow, what a day it has been! It started with Kennedy sleeping in until 8:15 this morning. This is NOT normal for her. Yesterday morning she slept in until 7:00 am and Matt and and I could not believe it. Then this morning Kennedy slept in until 8:15 am!!! WHAT?!?! We think it is because she has only taken one nap a day (her choosing, not ours). The only other thing we changed is no more bottles. She was only getting bottles at nap and bed time and we slowly got her down to one bottle a day, at bed time, and we just stopped that the other night. The main reason we ended night time bottles is because she was wetting through her diaper and waking up at 4:30 am having wet through her pjs. That's when I said, enough! She has adjusted very well and it doesn't seem to bother her at all. She is now drinking real milk and she loves it.

so, we started our day with Kennedy waking up at 8:15 am. I had a dentist appt at 9:30 am (I hate the dentist) for a tooth that has been hurting me for a year. See, I cracked a tooth last year during labor and I went to a terrible dentist last year who gave me a filling but it never got better. I went back 2 times and each time they didn't fix it. So, I changed dentists and finally went today. I needed a crown on the cracked tooth and I needed a deep cleaning which they needed to numb half my mouth for. So, after my consultation I had my teeth cleaned and my tooth fixed for a crown. I spent about 3 1/2 hours at the dentist today and got all the work done but now my mouth is sore. Ugh!

As my mouth was still numb, Matt and I took Kennedy to her one year check up. She weighs 20 lbs 14 oz and is 30 1/2 inches tall. That makes her 88th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight. She is tall and skinny. The appt went well until it was shot time. She got 5 shots in her arms and then we had to take her to the lab for a blood draw in her arm. Poor thing got stuck 6 times with needles today! It was so hard for me and Matt but we managed to get through it. Matt had the fun job of holding her while I tried to kiss her and tell her how brave she was. It was so hard and we are soooooo glad today is over. She was a trooper for sure!

Well, I am off to bed. It has been a long day and I need to get some sleep. Just keep your fingers crossed that Kennedy will sleep until at least 6:30 tomorrow morning!!

Hugs!!!

No comments: