Saturday, March 7, 2009

First words and Happy 9 months old!

Today Kennedy turns 9 months old! It's true when people say it goes by very quickly. This morning I was making her most recent favorite breakfast, pink pancakes. I have been cooking a lot out of a cookbook called, "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld and it's a way to hide pureed fruits and veggies in food. I really like the cookbook as everything is easy to make. The pink pancakes have pureed beets, ricotta cheese and grated apple. Kennedy LOVES them!

So, I was making them this morning and she was crawling around on the floor saying "mamaaa mamamama mama"! I couldn't believe it! She just kept crawling around saying mama. I got it on video with my cell phone so we could send it to daddy at work.

It is the best sound I have ever heard! I realize that she doesn't know what she is saying, but I don't care!!!!


3 comments:

Luke said...

I think it was the fact that she was playing with the toy camera that I gave her for Christmas that prompted this. Makes me so happy to see that little girl and see her starting to talk.

-Uncle Luke

Cammie said...

I've heard of that book and need to get it! We do stuff like that but I need some new ideas and those pancakes sound so healthy and fancy pants!

You are such a good mommy!

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

We have that cook book and need to pull it out now that we're finally starting to settle in. Thanks SO much for the reminder! :)

Good job Miss Kennedy . . .u are getting to be SUCH a big girl!

When are you guys coming out to visit us? Soon we hope! :)