Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy 6 Months Kennedy

Today Kennedy turned 6 months old! I know I say this every time but I really can't believe how old she is! Time just flies by! To celebrate, she got peas and carrots for dinner. Ok, it's wasn't really a celebration. See the video below to check out her dinner time. Notice the peas and carrots every where. I think it's a combination of my feeding skills and her eating skills. Hey, give me a break, we are both new to this!




So I'm excited to share Kennedy's sleeping skills over the last few nights. Let me start with the fact that Kennedy isn't much of a napper. She is the queen of the 30 minutes naps. You can seriously set our watch for 30 minutes exactly. I read in a book somewhere that if they wake up like that to go in, pick them up and put them back to sleep. It worked like a charm!! I started to get an hour and a half nap out of her!!! Now, it's still a battle but some days she will nap for an hour and a half and other days it's just a few short naps. Either way, I'll take it!

Her night time sleeping skill have been just ok. She goes to bed at 5:30 pm and sleeps until 6:00 am getting up 3 to 4 times. Yes, it is exhausting. She wakes up because she wants to eat (nurse). I was having a hard time figuring out when she was actually hungry and when she just wanted to be close to me. So, the first time she woke up around 9:00 pm I didn't feed her and just put her back to sleep. We did that for a couple nights and amazingly enough she started sleeping longer! The last 2 nights she slept from 6:00 pm until 6:00 am only getting up once to eat. I can deal with that! The problem now is, I don't think I actually got any sleep. I was still awake every 2 hours wondering if she was ok. I even went in her room to make sure she was still breathing. I know, I know. I hope she keeps up the good night time sleeping because I can get used to that!

I also forgot to post this pic. Uncle Luke's girlfriend, Shelia, sent this cute onesie to Kennedy. Shelia is about to graduate the FBI training in DC and she has ofically made Kennedy a Junior Agent! Thanks Luke and Shelia!

3 comments:

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Happy 6 months Kennedy!!

Bridget said...

I still check on my kids every night- I wonder if it ever ends! I am glad I don't check their breathing anymore, but I totally remember Leif's first big nap- 4 hours and checking to see if he was alive (by breathing)- I finally got to enjoy the time as he was my only really good napper and sleeper!

Tami and Jamey said...

I still check all my kids at least once a night and my oldest is almost 12. Kennedy is so cute!! We miss you guys!!