Thursday, December 11, 2008

6 Month Dr Appt

Today we had Kennedy's 6 month check up... and you know what that means - more shots. I dread the shots so much but I know it is what's best for her. We love our pediatrician and she said that Kennedy looks perfect (like we didn't already know)! She weighs 15 lbs 11 oz (42nd percentile) and is 26 inches long (58th percentile). Today she got 4 shots and an oral vaccination. We chose to have her get a flu shot so that's why she got one more shot then normal. She was such a trooper and did great. Usually she is cranky the day she gets her shots and we have to give her Tylenol but not today. After her morning nap, she was her normal self. I'm so proud of her! Mommy got her flu shot at the same time today.

We have been introducing more and more foods to Kennedy. She is now eating rice cereal with bananas or apples, peas, carrots, sweet potato and tonight she tried butternut squash. She also had yogurt for the first time today. I don't think butternut squash was her favorite so I think we will have to try that a few more times. Kennedy also got to try her first sippy cup with water and she did pretty good. She just likes to bite on it just like everything else.

And another first today, Kennedy got to take a big girl bath. Daddy put on his swim trunks and sat in the water with her while she played. We had a few bath toys she was having fun! I swear, she is growing up sooooo fast.


No comments: