Today I am feeling very thankful. I feel thankful often, but today I feel like I am overfilled with "thankfulness". It was a big day for me today! As many of you know, I work for my mother-in-law's non-profit Angels Foster Family Network. It is an amazing foster agency that rescues children from abuse and neglect and offers a stable loving home to them. When I first started working at Angels I couldn't believe I got paid to work there. I still feel the same way. I can't believe I get paid to work at a job that actually makes a difference in children's lives.
Today was our annual fundraiser luncheon. We have been planning this event for about 8 months and all our hard work boiled down to today. I must admit, it was a huge success!! Considering the economy, we had about 250 people and we raised a significant amount of money. But, that is not why I feel thankful. It plays a small part, but not the real reason why.
I feel thankful because of the wonderful family and friends I have around me. Today wouldn't have possible without the help of my mom. Mom, thank you so much for taking such great care of Kennedy. I know you were in heaven spending so much time with her today, but I have to tell you how awesome it was for me to see that you took such great care of her and she loved every minute of it. I love you so much mom and I appreciate all you do for me. I also have to thank my mother-in-law, Cathy, for being such a role model. Cathy is a role model to so many women with what she has accomplished with Angels. Thank you hiring me at Angels - I love every second that I work there. I love you and I love that I can call my mother-in-law one of my best friends. With these 2 women in my life, I feel so blessed. Plus, Kennedy is one lucky little girl to have such loving and amazing grandmas!
And lastly I have to brag about Kennedy. She was the model child today. We arrived at the Rancho Bernardo Inn and 9:00 this morning to set up for the event. Kennedy was perfect. I really mean it! She didn't cry, she didn't fuss and she just went along for the ride! She spent most of the day with my mom and a good part of the day with Cathy greeting guests. Kennedy had so many people looking at her, poking at her and holding her and she took it like a champ! I have such a wonderful little girl and I thank my lucky stars every day that she is my daughter. I love more then I could ever express with words.
I know, this is beginning to sound like a thank you speech so I'll stop. I just want everyone to know how lucky I am to have the family and friends that I have in my life. So today, you can see why I am feeling overjoyed with "thankfulness".
Science Lesson
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment