Saturday, September 20, 2008

Meeting Sarah Palin

This afternoon Kennedy and I went to a bbq/fundraiser for Nathan Fletcher (State Assemblyman in California). His wife, Mindy, is on the Board of Directors at Angels and their son Zach was born on the same day as Kennedy. Zachary is adopted and is very lucky to have Mindy and Nathan as his parents. Anyways, they had a bbq to help raise money for Nathan's campaign. Since he is a Republican and supports McCain and Palin, they had Sarah Palin there for photo opportunities!! It was a cardboard Sarah Palin - too funny. So, Kennedy and I got our picture taken...

Also, I think I have one of those kids that hates the car. Actually, I know I have one of those kids that hates the car. I have to hear her cry and scream all the time in the car. What is crazy is, she is not the crying type of baby. She gets fussy when she is tired, but she isn't much of a crier.... except in the car. She all out screams and even starts choking at times. I was hoping this would be a phase she would pass through, but it has been this way since she was born. She has had a couple good trips where she fell asleep, but 90% of the car rides she is crying. It breaks my heart! I bought one of those mirrors that lights up and plays music, but she really doesn't care about it. I give her a toy to chew on... doesn't seem to make a difference. She likes her car seat, because I put her in it at home and she doesn't seems to care at all. It's only in the car. And, as soon as we pull into the garage and she hears me put the car in park and step on the brake, she is quiet. When I go to get her out, she is usually smiling at me. It is sooooooo frustrating! There have been many times where I have to pull over somewhere to check on her because she is crying so hard it makes me think something is wrong. But nope, nothing is wrong. She just hates the car. It pretty much sucks. Ugh! If she weren't so darn cute....

No comments: