Friday, May 23, 2008

37 Weeks and Counting

Hello!! Well, yesterday I hit the 37 week mark! The end is near! Other then not sleeping well at all, I'm feel great. I am still going to my yoga class each week even though it is getting tough to do some of the positions. I'm going to keep going to yoga until I give birth! I am starting to slow down work at Angels and next week is my last week. I plan on going back part time after about 2 months of maternity leave. I love working at Angels and have lots of projects to go back to. For those of you who don't know anything about Angels, go to http://www.angelsfoster.com/ and you can see what a special organization it is.


Here is what Kennedy is up to this week:


Congratulations — your baby is considered full term, even though the 40-week mark is still 3 weeks away! This means that if your baby arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb. It is estimated that she weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth. You baby also has developed enough coordination so that he or she can grasp an object with his or her fingers, called the palmar grasp reflex.



Here is a picture of me from last night:

Last night my mom threw a shower for me in Fallbrook. It was such a nice shower and it was great to see so many faces I haven't seen in a long time! Thank you mom for all your hard work and for throwing my such a beautiful and elegant shower. I appreciate all you have done and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, loving and talented mother like you.


Once again, my mom made me some beautiful baby stuff. I will take pictures of them and post them (smocked dress, bonnet and shoes, hooded towel with Kennedy's name on it). The stuff she makes are keepsake items that I will have forever!! My sister made homemade goat cheese from her goat's milk and it was the best goat cheese I have ever had. My sister is so talented and I learn so much from her. I know I will be turning to her a lot in the near future for advice! Thank you Malary and Audrey for helping with the shower and for making me such thoughtful homemade gifts. You both are so talented and I can't wait to give to gifts to Kennedy. I love you both so much.

I don't know what it is about the women in Fallbrook, but they are all so talented! I received the most beautiful home/handmade gifts!!

Here are a few pictures from last night:

Thank you Alene for the beautiful flowers!


Thank you Jody for making these special cookies with "Kennedy" on them!



My mom made these little paper shoes and put nuts in them - too cute!!!





The yummy spread of food - and it looked so pretty!



Me and my mom



My two sisters - Tricia and Sassy. Yes, that is my mom's dog and she treats it like her child so my sister and I call her our "little sister".

Hope you all are doing well and until next time....

XO

Paige

No comments: