Happy thanksgiving everyone! It was a nice and quiet thanksgiving around here. Originally Matt was supposed to be off work - working the day before and the day after. We had planned on hosting thanksgiving and I was excited. And then Matt got mandatory at work. That means he can't come home. They city is short staffed and then people take the day off so they have to fill all those spots. Mandatory is happening a lot right now and it sucks. Yes, I know, I should be thankful for the extra money (and I am) but I would rather have Matt home on Thanksgiving.
Anyways, we had to cancel thanksgiving at our house and chose to go to the fire station. Matt didn't know what station he was going to be working until the day or so before. He ended up getting assigned station 1 downtown San Diego. It's a big station with probably 16 guys working there. Add families for Thanksgiving and you have a big crowd! It was nice to see Matt but it was a little awkward because I didn't know anyone since it wasn't Matt's normal station. We had still had a nice time and the girls had a blast. They always love seeing daddy at work.
One of the firefighters is also a DJ and he brought some of his lights and fog and set up "cosmic bowling" for the kids. They turned off the lights in the hall, turned on the party lights and music and had they kids bowl. They loved it!
I hope all of you had a nice thanksgiving! Here is a picture of the girls with daddy at the station. They firemen made quite a feast of food. Impressive.
Science Lesson
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment