Saturday, September 8, 2012

Garden Update

It's been a while since I posted a garden update. I always have something going in the garden. I am always sprouting seeds and trying something new but I just forget to post it! I love my garden and love that my girls love to garden right with me. Just today we planted some more beets, spinach, broccoli and romaine lettuce. I have been planning my fall garden and working on getting everything going now while it is still warm.
 
Below are a few pictures from today. My kale is so tall it is kinda crazy. The first picture is of the green kale. It's a favorite in our house and as a matter of fact, I have two smaller rows of this same kale that I started a few months ago. It is just to tall - taller than the girls!
 
The second picture is of my purple kale. This was some of the first kale I grew and it is even taller than me! It has lived through the heat and because of that, has a bitter taste. Kale likes cooler weather so I am surprised that it has endured our heat this summer. I give this to the chickens almost every day and they love it.
 
The fourth picture is of eggplant that is growing in the green house. I am so excited for this eggplant. I have never grown eggplant before and I have a bunch of little one growing larger and larger each day.
 
Let's hope my sprouting seeds now will give me a nice garden this fall and winter!
 

 



No comments: