Saturday, April 28, 2012

Spring Garden

Here is the latest update on my garden. I have been working hard weeding and watering! I think everything I have shown below, I started by seed. 

Strawberries! I just planted yellow strawberry plants too and am excited to see what those look like when they sprout! Here you see some almost ready to be eaten yummy strawberries...



Below, a bunch of strawberries!


Below, my rainbow chard. There is red, pink and yellow. 

Here is an area that we planted zucchini, yellow squash and a couple tomato plants.

In the greenhouse I only have two raised planted beds and one has beets (red, yellow and a pink/white stripe). The other planter bed has three types of carrots - yellow, orange, red and purple.

On this side of the garden we have tomatoes, kale, chard, purple broccoli, cauliflower, yellow cucumbers and then the strawberries. 

On this side we have purple kale, some herbs in the pots, snow peas, purple beans, bush green beans, romaine lettuce and purple lettuce.

In another area of the yard I have about 20 tomato plants that I stared from seed. I didn't have any luck with tomatoes lat year so I am trying really hard this year! A few of them are starting to bloom little yellow flowers. I'm excited for fresh tomatoes!

1 comment:

Richard said...

Everything looks so GREAT!!!!