It was a BIG day in the Moe household on Tuesday! Kennedy had her first day of preschool! I have to admit, Matt and I were really nervous about this big day. We have never left her with anyone other than Me, Matt, my mom or Matt's mom. So, the thought of her being in someone elses care, really threw us for a loop. We weren't sure how she would act when it came time for me to leave after dropping her off.
I am happy to say that Kennedy did AWESOME! The preschool is a mile from the house and I have had quite a few recommendations for it from other moms. Her teacher is Ms. Kay and this just shows you what a small world it is, Matt went to high school with her daughters. So, the morning of school we packed her backpack and got all ready. I took her to class and hung out for a few minutes as she played with some toys and met a few of the other kids. I told her I was leaving, she gave me a hug and a kiss and she turned around and continued playing with the toys. She could care less that I was leaving.
I walked out to the car and sat there for a few minutes fighting back the tears. I managed not to cry! I don't know how, but I didn't cry. I had butterflies in my stomach until I picked her up three hours later. When Matt and I walked in to pick her up, she was excited to see us but still was playing. Haha. The best news is, she wanted to go back the next day!
She will continue to go to summer preschool for 5 weeks, three days a week for 3 hours at a time. We are not talking a lot of hours but I tell ya, I am enjoying the break. I am SO PROUD of Kennedy and how she has been this week with preschool. She even came home with her first painting. Yes, I am going to frame it and put it on the wall.

1 comment:
I'm proud of all of you! Kennedy did great and you were able to "Choke it down" as you left her at school....
It's wonderful that she felt secure enough to stay at school without any fuss. Way to go EVERYONE!
Post a Comment