Sunday, May 22, 2011

Moe Family Update

Sorry for being absent on the blog lately. There have been many times I wanted to update but just couldn't get to my computer. I finally got smart and moved my laptop up in the kitchen (where I spend most of my time) so now it's right in front of me! Let's see....

Let's start with an update on Kennedy. She is turning 3 in a few weeks and almost every day asks about her birthday party. She is getting so big! She is 38 inches tall (I just measured her) and probably weighs around 27 pounds. She is my tall and skinny kid. She is still as active as ever and is always always on the go. Right now she is going through the "I do it all by myself" phase. Everything is - no mommy, I do it I my bous. When she says "I my bous" that means "all by myself". We have tried to correct her but she just can't seem to change it. It's cute. She is also going through an phase where she asks where be bought things. I just stood here a few minutes ago while she asked me where I bought everything in sight - my purse, the coffee machine, the telephone, her plate, my coffee cup, and so on and so on. It has really made me realize that I get a lot of things at Target! We enrolled Kennedy in part time preschool starting July 5th. She will go three days a week from 9 am until noon. She is super excited and can't wait. The school is only a mile from the house and from what I hear, a very good school. I am expecting a few tears that day - from me, not her.

Now on to my baby girl, Shelby. She is almost 10 months old and getting so big. She crawls all over the house, stands up holding on to anything and is starting to let go and stand all by herself for a few seconds before she sits down. She is a little more focused then Kennedy ever was. She likes to crawl around and explore the house and toys by herself. She is eating real food and has little interest in baby food anymore. She is getting pretty good at feeding herself food with her hands. She tried cheese recently and loves it! She has been babbling a lot lately - mamama, gagaga, uh oh, etc. She is a snuggly baby and loves me to hold her. At her last doctor appointment she was 17 lbs and 11 oz so she is probably 18 pounds by now. She has been crabby the last few days because she is teething. She only has her two bottom teeth but I think her top teeth are getting ready to come in. Poor thing - I hate the teething phase.

Matt and I just celebrated out 5th wedding anniversary last week. I can't believe we have been married for 5 years already. Cathy watched the girls for us while we went up to San Clemente for a nice afternoon. We had drinks at the Fisherman and then dinner at Cafe 207. It was really nice.

Gotta go feed Shelby some breakfast. Until next time....

No comments: