Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Meeting Santa

Last weekend was the Angels Christmas party and it is always one of my favorites. All past and present foster parents and foster kids come together for a Christmas celebration and Santa comes with presents. This year a local church donated all the gifts for the kids and they were awesome gifts. There was probably 100 kids there and 150 adults.

I would like to start by saying that my mom made Kennedy a beautiful special Christmas dress. She rushed to get it done in time for this party. Well, when it came to get dresses, Kennedy wanted nothing to do with the dress. I put it on her and she was crying hysterically trying to rip the dress off. I tried everything to get her to keep that dress on but it wasn't going to happen. I took the dress off and then she refused to allow me to put any clothes on her. She is a toddler and knows what she wants!

Once we finally arrived at the party, Kennedy was drawn to Santa and kept wanting to run over to him. When her turn finally came around to sit on his lap, she wanted nothing to do to with him. Here is what you get...


The other night we went to December Nights at Balboa Park and they had the Grinch there and you could get your picture with him. Same thing, while we were in line she was all about the Grinch. As soon as it was our turn - freak out! We have a funny picture that I need to scan and share because it is Matt and I smiling, the Grinch and Kennedy freaking out and crying. Pretty funny. I guess every parent has that picture.

Also at the angels party I got a good picture with Kennedy - except one thing. Her finger up her nose! I love the smile on her face with the finger in her nose because it's like she is saying "neener neener"


So we took another one and this turned out much better.....





Here is a pic of Kennedy and Papa...


No comments: