Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My First Gymnastics Class

Today was an exciting day! It was Kennedy's first gymnastics class. I am not going to lie... it was awesome for me. We got to the class a little late because we drove from San Diego to Fallbrook. Kennedy was not quite sure at first but she eventually warmed up to the gym. It's a big space with lots of new things so she needed some time to soak it all in.

All in all, she had a fun day and for her first class did great. She loved the tumble tramp and didn't want to leave it. Debbie, my old coach, wanted to giver her a leotard so you will see her first leotard in the pics. Thank you Debbie!! It means so much to me to be able to bring my little girl to gymnastics and for yo to give her her first leotard!

I have to admit - being in the gym today felt awesome. It felt like home. I loved the smell of the chalk, the smell of the mats and the feel of the bean under my feet. Yes, I got up on the beam and did and handstand. I still got it! ;-) I realized that I miss the gym so much and some day I hope to be back in there coaching.

My mom and dad met us at the gym for Kennedy's class and after that we went to lunch at Dominic's. The best sub sandwiches ever! Thanks for lunch mom and dad!! I love you!!

Enjoy the pics and videos from today!!













No comments: