Friday, March 27, 2009

9/10 Month Check Up

Yesterday Kennedy had her nine/ten month check up. It went well and the best part was - no shots! Other then waiting for 30 minutes in the waiting room, it went well. Kennedy looks as healthy as can be and she is growing well. She is 29 inches long (80-90th percentile) and is 17 pounds 6 ounces (20th percentile). She's a tall skinny kid!

We also had swimming class yesterday and Ms. Lori (her teacher) said it was her best class yet! She is really understanding how to hold her breath and also straighten her body under the water. I'm so proud! I have a couple videos that I will in the next few days.

She is really not a baby anymore... so sad. She crawls around everywhere, has her own little goofy personality and has learned what it feels like to get frustrated. It's so funny. If she gets frustrated she makes two fists, curls her arms up to her chest, grits her teeth (well, gums) and groans in a "ahhhhrrrrr"! It's so funny. Her little face even turns red!

She is also learning what some of her toys are. The other day I asked her where her Elmo phone was and I sang the song it plays. She crawled right over to it and picked it up! I was shocked! I told Matt what happened and he was like, yeah right. So, he tried it with her later that day and she did it again! This afternoon I was playing with her on the floor and I put toys all over. I asked her where her ball was, and she went right to it! then I asked her where her drink was (her sippy cup) and she went right to it! I swear, they understand way more then we give them credit for. Yesterday when my mom was here we went over to Babies R Us and got some flash cards with pictures and words. I went through a couple of them with her yesterday and this afternoon. I held up two cards, the flower and the banana and I asked her, "where is the banana?" and she looked at it right away and then took the card from my hands. I'm so proud of her! Now, the banana thing could have been her best guess but I would like to think she is just extra smart! ;-)

And now I leave you with two food pictures...

Kennedy loves her cottage cheese. Well, the other night I decided to dump some on her tray and see what she did. As you can see, she liked paying in it! It was all over her hair, in her ears and all over her face. We went straight to he bath after this photo.


Last night I made Kennedy her first macaroni and cheese from scratch. It was from my Deceptively Delicious cookbook so it's made with butternut squash. I put more butternut squash then cheese and she loved it! Don't blame her, mac and cheese is one of my all time favorites!

You can see the "Mmmmmmmmm" coming right off her lips.... ;-)

Until next time.... enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

The Abeyta Family said...

Ha, ha...I love these pictures! She sure enjoys her yummy food. Hysterical! XOXO