Friday, February 20, 2009

Family Update

Hello friends and family! I feel like I haven't put in update on the blog in a while. Things are going great in the Moe household. Just busy doing the day-to-day stuff. Kennedy is getting so big and is really finding her own personality. Her newest thing is food. All of a sudden she is a picky eater! Such a pain in the rear when it comes to meal time. If she can't feed herself then she pretty much isn't going to eat it - unless it's avocado or cottage cheese. I even emailed Dr. Mommy (a pediatrician on our Board of Directors at Angels) and asked her what I should do because it was getting so frustrating. Most of the food that we tried to feed her, she would just turn her head, close her lips and wave her arms. She wouldn't even try it! So, after a week or so of frustrating meal times, we got advice from Dr. Mommy. No more power struggle at meal time and feed her what she likes to eat. Once she is done, clean up be done. I am still offering other foods but if she doesn't want it then we try again the next meal. And, Dr. Mommy says she can survive on avocado and cottage cheese until this phase passes. Phew! Kennedy does eat a few other things like my home made bread, yogurt, tofu (sometimes), puffs and banana. What happened to my good eater!! Hopefully she will return someday soon.

Kennedy is also really getting around and pulling herself up on everything. She has even more confidence now and will let go and stand there by herself for a split second. She has learned to get down to a sit from standing - pretty much by just falling. Every time she does it I cringe because I'm afraid she is going to hurt herself! I'm sure she will be walking before we know it.
I feel like I don't give any updates on me or Matt. Well, partly because we are just doing our thing being parents. You learn to take a back seat when you're a parent! Matt is doing good and just working and being an awesome daddy. I'm still working at Angels part time and loving it. I'm excited because I have a girls night out tomorrow with Meghan. Yeah for girls night out! It's been a loooooong time!
Yesterday we had out third swimming class and it went great. Kennedy still is so relaxed in the pool. The last 2 times she went under she didn't come up coughing so that hopefully that means she is getting the hang of holding her breath. I bought her a new bathing suit and it's so cute. See pictures below...

Look at me - I'm Swimming!!!!

No comments: