Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy 5 months

Today Kennedy is 5 months old. I can't believe it! Seems like time is going so fast and I am trying my best to enjoy every minute of it. To celebrate, Kennedy rolled a few times for me tonight. As you know, she rolled over once a couple weeks back but hasn't done it since. Tonight she rolled over a couple times - I was so excited! It was cute because Roscoe was laying at the edge of the blanket and she was reaching toward him and he was just looking at her and licking her onesie. Well, she rolled over toward him and I was able to take a pic... she better get used to Roscoe licking her because she is going to grow up with that.


Today is also a sad day in our family... my mother and father in law, Cathy and Larry, had to put their great dane, Coal, to sleep last night. He was 10 years old and for a dane, that is old. He just started to go down hill the last couple months and lately has been stumbling, falling and has been having accidents in the house. Cathy and Larry made the most difficult decision any animal owner has to make and that was to end his pain. They had a vet come to their home last last night and put him down.

Coal was one of the greatest dogs I have ever met and he will be missed dearly by everyone that had the opportunity to meet him. I will never forget the first time I went over to Cathy and Larry's house... Matt and I had just started dating and I went to a Christmas party at Cathy and Larry's home. I was sitting on the couch when this huge animal came over to me, backed his rear end up and sat on my lap!!! I didn't know what to do! He was such a huge dog and he was sitting on my lap! He stole my heart from that moment. He will be greatly, greatly missed.

So, if you have a dog or animal that you love, give them a little extra love tonight in honor of Coal.


No comments: