Tuesday, September 9, 2008

You were a good dog, Davina - and Back to Work!

First I have to start with the sad news. Our family dog, Davina, died around 2:00 this morning. It is so sad to see her go, but she lived a long and very happy life.

It all began when I was about 15 or 16 years old and my sister and I found Davina down by the river. **side note - for those of you who don't know, we lived out in the middle of nowhere and you had to cross a river to get to our house. it often flooded and left us stranded** My sister and I were driving home from the High School carnival when we saw something black in the road. We stopped and quickly realized it was a puppy - and a very cute one! She looked like a little tiny bear. Someone had dumped her and left her. Of course we brought her home (we brought sooooo many animals home from the river where people would dump them). She was the only dog that would eat avocados - all that would be left was the licked clean skin and the seed. She was a free spirit and was a wonderful dog to have. She even gave hugs! She lived a long happy 15 years.

My mom called me last night and said that Davina was laying in the grass panting and she was not able to control her bodily functions. My mom, being the loving person that she is, picked her up and placed her on her bed on the front porch. Eventually Davina's panting slowed down and my mom said she passed very peacefully on her own. Thanks for staying with her mom so she wasn't alone and thank you dad for burying her on the property today. I will miss seeing Davina when I go to my parents house.

Davina is the black dog on the right... the other dog is Sassi, my mom's dog (aka my little sister)



On another note, I went back to work today. I am working part time, three days a week, and I will also work on projects from home. It is bittersweet because I love, love, love being a mom and staying home with Kennedy. But, I am also passionate about Angels and I love working there. I really don't consider it work because I love it so much. I believe we worked it out so that I have the best of both worlds. When I go to work, three days a week, Kennedy is either with Grandma Cathy or with daddy. So, when I go to work, I know she is well taken car of! Today I went in to the office and got myself reorganized and worked on a few things. It felt good to work and be able to focus on a project.

Thank you Grandma Cathy for taking such good care of Kennedy today. I know you two had a blast!! Every night before Kennedy goes to bed, I tell her how lucky she it to have a family that loves her so much. Between Matt's family and my family, this little girl has a whole bunch of people that love her!!

And last but not least, I want to tell you why I love my husband so much. Because he is coming home early from his hiking trip in the Sierra Nevada's because he missed his family!! Matt wasn't supposed to be home until Saturday but this morning I got a phone call from him - he was at a Best Western in Lone Pine and he was coming home early. He said that he had a blast hiking for 4 days but he just realized that he missed us and he would much rather be home. So, he left his friends to hike on and he turned around, hiked 9 miles, and ended up at a Best Western in Lone Pine. Long story short, there wasn't a rental car place within 80 miles and the bus comes through every other day. So he called his friend, Mike, and asked him to come get him. Thank you Mike for driving 5 hours to pick Matt up and for driving 5 more hours to bring him home. We owe you!! So, Matt should be home in about an hour.

But, the reason I love my husband so much is that he wasn't afraid to just leave and come home. He is going to get soooooo much crap from his hiking buddies but he doesn't care. His family is most important to him and he isn't afraid to admit that. I don't know how I got so lucky to find such a wonderful man. I love you so much Matt!!!

I best get going.... the new 90210 is being recorded right now and I want to watch it. ;-) Until next time, peace out!

2 comments:

Felicia said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. ;-( I still don't understand why their lives are so short, but they bring us so much joy. Miss ya

Buzyna Family said...

That was such a sweet story about Matt. Pretty cool husband and dad! What an awesome family man!
Im glad the transition back to work is going well. It is nice to have family be able to watch your little one. Not too many people can do that, including myself.
I hope you are well. We should try to get together again. Alexander would love to see Matt at work one of these days!
Here is my email address: mbuzyna@gmail.com.
Talk soon.