Hello everyone!! I am excited to announce that Matt and I have had the 2 best nights of sleep since Kennedy was born! See, we were having a problem with Kennedy's napping. She would nap during the day but only in our arms. As soon as we put her down in her bassinet she would wake up, wide awake. So, I emailed the wonderful Dr. Mommy asking her advice. For those of you who don't know who Dr. Mommy is, she woman named Rachel that is on the Board of Directors at Angels and she is also a Pediatrician. On the Angels website (www.angelsfoster.com) she has an area where people can email their baby/kid questions to her and she will answer them. She is such an awesome person and I trust her completely.
I emailed her asking for her advice about the day time napping problem. I followed her directions and it is working! I also have to give thanks to my sister who ensured me that I wasn't ruining my kid by letter her cry. Thanks for all your support Tricia! I have to admit, the first day and a half of this new system was sooooo hard. Kennedy was putting up a good fight! She didn't sleep at all on the first day (other then 5 hours that night) and she didn't nap but maybe 10 minutes the second day. I felt terrible because I had an exhausted baby on my hands. The problem wasn't getting to to fall asleep, it was teaching how to put herself to sleep in her bassinet when she was sleepy.
The second night was a miracle! Once Matt and I finally got her to sleep (took about 1 1/2 hours of going in to the room and putting the pacifier in her mouth) she slept from 7:30 pm until 3:45 am! She ate quickly and went right back to sleep as soon as we put her down! After that we got another 3 hours of sleep. It was amazing! We thought for sure it was just a fluke but sure enough she slept awesome again last night! And, I am proud to announce she is taking her first daytime nap at home right now as I type. WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! She put herself to sleep and has been asleep for about 30 minutes so far. I am actually training my kid how to go to sleep on her own. And I'm also proud to announce that Matt and I were able to have dinner together, and at the same time, the last two nights. Even having 3 hours together to talk and watch tv was great. Can you tell I am excited?!? I realize this is going to be an ongoing training session but I am excited that we are off to a great start.
I will keep you posted on how it goes! And for those of you who have kids, more then one kid, I don't know how you do it. You are my hero!!
XO - Paige
Science Lesson
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment