Kennedy just turned 8 weeks old! Crazy how time flies! Today she had a doctor appointment and got her first round of shots. Thank goodness daddy was with us to hold on to her while they gave her 3 shots and an oral vaccine. It was so sad and so hard to sit there and watch them give her shots and I couldn't explain to her that it's actually good for her. She cried so hard and once it was all over and we were able to hold her, she calmed down. Boy and I glad that is over! I am proud of myself though, I didn't cry.
Kennedy now weighs 10 lbs and 11 oz and is 23.3 inches long. Sleeping has been going OK lately. Once she falls asleep at night, she sleeps for 5 or 6 hours. It's great! She slept until 4 am two nights in a row and I was in heaven. But then the next night she woke up at 2:00 and was wide awake until 5 am. That was a rough night and I'm still recovering!
The most frustrating thing lately is that Kennedy will fall asleep but as soon as we lay her in her bassinet, she is wide awake. We played that game from 9 pm until 12 am last night. Even with her naps, getting her to fall asleep isn't the problem, it's keeping her asleep once we lay her down. We talked to the doctor about that today and she gave us some advice... put Kennedy down when she is almost asleep so she can learn to put herself to sleep. So, we are trying that today and it isn't going so well. I realize that it might take a few weeks for her to learn how to put herself to sleep. It's just so frustrating!
Other then that, she is the best baby. Still doesn't cry much at all and is really starting to smile and coo a lot. It just melts my heart!
I hope you all are doing well... until next time...
Science Lesson
13 years ago

1 comment:
This is "TA" Matt's friend Tricia from the good 'ole Costco days. Just wanted to say how darn cute Kennedy is and how much I enjoy your blog. It is so fun to see all of the pictures- makes me want to have a baby again!!(don't think my teenager would appreciate that) Anyway CONGRATULATIONS MOE FAMILY!!! TA
Post a Comment